WORK WITH US
HANSEN-RICE, INC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status or disability. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
At HANSEN-RICE, INC. our strongest differentiating point is our people. Simply put.
Our atmosphere is one of growth and achievement. We hire true professionals, share our company goals, and give our employees the tools to accomplish things for our clients. We do so in a working environment emphasizing tangibles such as safety and personal advancement, as well as the important intangibles: fairness, respect, and loyalty. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Complete application on-line. Send application, resume, references and salary expectations to email@example.com or fax (208)442-4294.
As part of the I-9 process, HANSEN-RICE, INC. uses E-Verify to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Construction Project Manager - Structural Steel
The Project Manager will supervise, coordinate, and ensure the timely supply and installation of the building shell (Pre-engineered Buildings or Structural Steel) and Insulated Metal Panels. The qualified candidate would have experience with managing concrete, steel, and wood-framed projects. Experienced with agricultural, food processing, cold storage, distribution and industrial self-performed projects a plus.
This position requires expertise in project management, including planning, development, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for client relations and satisfaction, job supervision, and subcontractor management. Duties include developing and sustaining project schedules, maintaining budget, and working with Project Supervisors and Steel Superintendents to assure productivity and timeliness. Will be expected to effectively work with vendors and subcontractors to negotiate favorable rates, procure materials, and obtain equipment.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Willingness to travel, to include on-site assignments of 90 days or more.
Proven track record with safety and quality.
Excellent negotiation and communication skills; written and verbal.
Ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relations.
Five years’ experience in Materials procurement and scheduling.
Estimating experience preferable.
Solicit, negotiate and issue subcontracts and material purchase orders.
Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Ability to review and analyze cost reports.
Some knowledge of codes (i.e. UBC, ADA, etc.)
Strong computer skills to include: Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, etc.
Job May Require
- Bending/stooping, squatting, crawling, reaching above shoulders, kneeling and twisting.
- Ascending to and descending from heights up to or over 100' by use of permanent or temporary stairs, ladders, aerial lifts or use of personnel hoists.
- Some lifting of various weights and sizes. May involve lifting above shoulders.
- Operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Repetitive motion (to include, but not limited to): standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time, working at a computer and typing for long periods of time.
- Working extended periods of time in stressful situations.
- Willing to work in all types of weather.
The Steel Superintendent will direct the construction of our projects located throughout the U.S. This individual should be capable of working hands on while managing the erection of prefabricated metal building projects in excess of 200,000 square feet, in all types of weather; including but not limited to raising, placing and uniting iron or steel girders, columns and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. The preferred candidate should have experience with IMP’s and wall/roof sheeting.
We are a fast paced, team oriented company that recognizes hard work and offers a very competitive compensation, bonuses, Company pickup, benefit package and career advancement.
The individual awarded this position will have a “Can-Do” attitude, be a quick learner, and possess the drive to succeed. Very rewarding work!
This individual will be responsible for on-site organization, managing our steel crew, production, safety and environmental compliance, workmanship, erection, budget, and equipment rental as well as client relations and satisfaction. You will work closely with executive management, project managers, assistant project managers, and project support staff to deliver on Company commitments to clients for progress, completion, and quality.
The successful candidate must be able to handle stressful situations and being away from home for periods of time, have a proven track record of excellence with regard to safety and quality, and inspecting job sites for conformance to requirements. Position will require hands-on work as needed. Ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with clients, crews, vendors, subcontractors, and all departments within the Company.
Our paid internship program is ideal for a senior level student in the Construction Management Degree program who is looking to receive on-the-job experience in RFP's, construction drawings and specifications, estimating, take offs, site work, concrete, masonry, steel & metals, carpentry, thermal and moisture, doors/windows, and specialty construction.
The paid intern position will only be offered to individuals currently enrolled in a Construction Management, Engineering, or other related education program; are within 9 months or less from their graduation date and are in good academic standing with the college. This internship has the potential to become a full time position with Hansen-Rice, Inc. upon graduation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Recruit subcontractors and vendors for project participation (depending on assigned project).
- Assisting in the creation of RFP packages for subcontractors.
- Soliciting subcontractors and distributing RFP's.
- Assisting in all pre-construction activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction details about miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Projects.
- Possess good self-organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.